Monday 7 December 2009

Dim surfio

Apologies for my lack of surfing blogs recently but TBH I've not been in for nearly 3 weeks! I know...

This is not good but the surf has largely been big and onshore and Coney beach close-outs haven't inspired me lately.

Jnr has been putting in some serious training in the pool though, ready for the 'Under 1's Eddie Akaui' competition next year.

We've been working on his underwater skills, holding his breath and learning not to panic on big wave hold downs.

"Right, now listen son...Wait for the 3rd wave to pass over and look for the bubbles"



I'll hopefully have some more sensible surfing blog fodder this week. More big swells are set to hit over the next few days and then high pressure moves in just as another wee hit comes through towards the end of the week so hopefully the winds will be something other than SW!

Someone mentioned Xmas is coming too?

Gull

No comments:

Post a Comment