Friday 15 October 2010

Irish monsters high on craic

Well, it looks like Ireland is THE spot to be next week as a monstrous 6m swell (20ft+) is set to batter the North coast - exactly where I'm heading :)

I'll be hooking up with me old mate mark patterson, josh, big wave afficienado - al mennie and local shaper and ripper - Rosey.

I'm surfing on a borrowed board - just what you want in big waves...but I'll give it my best shot and see how we get on.

There should be plenty of swell wrapping into the more sheltered the nooks and crannies and we're hoping - no praying, that a certain x spot delivers at first light on Monday morning.

Everything is in place re: swell angle, size, wind and tides so all we need now is a sprinkling of fairy dust from 'Huey' and we'll be sorted - pulling into stand up kegs.

Tues/Weds could prove a bit trickier as we're dodging NNW winds but never say never.

I'll try to get some go-pro video footage and stills to share here once I'm back.

Back next Friday, so enjoy your weekend/week and I hope you get some in Wales (unlikely I'm afraid!) ;0

Gull

No comments:

Post a Comment