Tuesday 18 January 2011

Here comes the sun...

Another lovely day here today but no water time for Gull today.

To be honest I was just too damn tired with a 5am wake up call from Jnr - how can kids be so energised at that time of day is a mystery to me? Wanting to read books when I can hardly open my eyes until I've my first kick of caffeine!

Reports are good though. The Scarweather buoy has been hovering between 12-14 seconds all day with a 1m swell creating some lovely looking lines out to sea.

At the time of writing the tide is pushing and Rest Bay is a good 3ft, a little crumbly now but still very surfable!

Doc on Gower scored the reefs on his own for most of the session with glassy head high waves peeling in and plenty of swell out on the outer banks. Even the old bell was ringing, so if you know where that is, you'll know that the surf was well & truly up earlier!

The winds have been light NW all day so I'm sure plenty of you have scored in South and West Wales today.

Maybe tomorrow...I need to get one more surf in before high pressure kicks in. Rattz and Aran have timed their Moroccan adventure well (leaving next weds) but we're due a big hit later next week too so the flat spell will be short lived.

My American Irish buddy Josh has just mailed me a few pics from my trip to Ireland back in Nov last year so here are two contrasting shots. Enjoy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment