Tuesday 3 May 2011

Sunny skies

Well it's been the sunniest, driest March and April since 1950 something which never bodes well for surf but the Easter Monday and following Tuesday did deliver some ice waves.

Monday although small, served up punchy, fast bowling peaks around 2-3ft and despite still being drunk from the night before, I surfed my socks off and had some really nice rides????! I'm normally badly affected by 'beer legs' but not this time!

I'm not sure if the alcohol relaxed me but I felt like I was on fire and flowing nicely LOL even busting a small air on an inside ramp - fins popped right out and I remember thinking, "this feels a bit funny" before landing on the foam and carrying on, so I'm going to start drinking more from now on before each surf! ;)

After a good 2.5hrs in, I'd sobered up and felt an absolute wreck on the long walk home...I returned on Tues as the wave period was still high, around 14 secs but was expecting it to have dropped off.

Not on your nelly, it had actually picked up and was now 3-4ft, slightly chopped up from a NE wind but a lot quieter too.

I bumped into Steve Beach and Harv out back and we shared a few waves in the sun. In hindsight I should have hit Gower reefs as they would have been classic but I was just too damn tired so stayed local and had a few nice rides.

The waves cleaned up as the tide went over high and the far left was throwing up some lovely rights with some shoulder high sets. I didn't want to go in but my arms had given up and I was starting to get grumpy as it became more crowded so called it a day.

There's been nothing since buy I've been busy in the garden and it looks like we're set for some half decent surf later on this week....

No comments:

Post a Comment