Friday 20 April 2012

Spring low like winter

Congrats to greg owen on the birth of his new baby. This was Greg the day before blasting the shit out of the point:

Well we finally had some decent swell this week as a solid winter low reared its ugly head off the north coast of Ireland and delivered some 4ft+ waves.

The wind, strong nw helped squeak a few clean days out on the point but I only managed to get in once at Coney.

Weds night saw clean and rideable faces at Coney - something I've not witnessed all winter! The crowd was thinned out and nice 3-4ft waves came through. The water was warm enough with a hood and I bumped into sven, math, tris, phil and afew others out back.
The point was going off early about 4.30PM but I couldn't get down there in time to enjoy it but the pics from claire Beach look nice on Facebook.

The weekend is lining up nicely with more nw winds and swell so fingers crossed I can score some early. Enjoyo!

No comments:

Post a Comment