Tuesday 16 June 2009

Killers visit Whales



Like what I did there?

Yeah? No?

Okay...

Well it's pretty exciting to know that we have Orcas swimming offshore ready to pounce on cute, cuddly unsuspecting tourists...

I meant seals. Yes, seals but I'm sure they eat fish too, but not too many as I'm out there trying to catch bass this summer and I find it hard enough already.

You can find out more in my other blog @ BBC Wales Nature

I remember years ago an ASP event in Reunion Island being postponed due to Killer Whales cruising through the lineup.

Imagine that...not really knowing if they're going to accidentally mistake you for food.

There's also a great video of our old favourite - the kayak being nailed by a breaching Killer Whale.

I could never work out if it was real or fake but apparently it's an old Powerade commercial.

It's fun all the same and no whales were injured during the making of this film:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1557955768987457727

No comments:

Post a Comment