Thursday 5 November 2009

Go pro meets coco pops for breakfast

Strong NW winds, big tides and a 3m swell.

First outing for my new toy and it had to be Coney beach...

For those of you who know me - I don't have a love affair with this place and rarely surf it.

Image from www.porthcawl surf.co.uk this morning:



I saw JT out back and he laughed and said "I can't believe it! You're actually here?!"

At least it was 3-4ft and offshore but closing out as usual...

Stupidly I just deleted my best wave (honest!) which consisted of an otl and a cuttie on a nice right which held up but that will teach me for being impatient when editing....damn



Ah well today was a test day anyway. I'm sure I'll get much better footage once those winter swells kick in properly.

I'll try the stills function next time and move the camera to face forwards and see how that looks.

I'm going to have stop being so damn lazy with my pop up though. Far too relaxed and slow. I put it down to it being early and Coney! ;)

Go Pro test session: the 2nd wave...

The water is surprisingly clear though considering it looks like hot chocolate when you paddle out!

The cam was great and a breeze to operate. I thought I had to leave it on for the whole session but you can easily switch it on and off, in between waves.

Chilly old NW wind out there today which felt very wintery by the end - my feet were numbed to the core.

I think my summer reef booties might be going into the shed after today's outing, to be replaced with something a bit thicker!

Gull

No comments:

Post a Comment