Thursday 25 March 2010

Tues morning waves

Bit late in the day but I've been busy this week!

Wife and son have gone to Germany and I'm off to Ireland so it's been a bit hectic getting everyone organised!

I'm flying off to Ireland shortly so will hopefully score some good surf and bring back a fresh batch of pics to share with you.

Here's a quick video from Tuesday when we had nice 3-4ft, clean waves @ Rest Bay. I got in around 6.15am and for once Ratter was early! ;) We had 2 hours in and it just kept getting better as the tide pushed in.

Rest Bay from wounded gull on Vimeo.



I surfed like a bit of a spanner but I have 7 days of solid surfing to find my form again now.

Sadly I cracked the glass in my beloved bonzer so she'll not be coming with me to the Emerald Isle. I was really looking forward to seeing how she handled things too. Oh well - "another time, another place, player"!

Surf photographer to the stars, Claire Beach snapped this one of me doing a half decent cutty:

Cheers Claire!

It's almost a repeat performance of my last trip there - dusting off the old single fin, not having ridden it for about 5 months and paddling out into 8ft+ waves hoping I can still remember how to ride it, and not slide out on my first bottom turn!

I managed it okay last time though, on no sleep and 7 hrs driving but I think that was down to the adrenalin rush at seeing decent waves!

I guess it's like riding a bike but you do get used to the hold and drive achieved from a bonzer 5 fin.

Just packed it into a board bag and everything seems fine. I've dropped my 10" fin in there just in case it does go large. There's a 976 low lurking out there....

Plenty of north forecast in the wind so might be trying some new spots this trip.

Take it easy

Gull

No comments:

Post a Comment