Tuesday 18 May 2010

Tease me, tease me, tease me

till I lose control....

I now realise what that tune by 'chaka demus & pliers' (or perhaps he was christened 'SHAKA demus') was all about.

It's about long, dreary summer flat spells with the occasional promise of swell that never quite materialises.

I'm getting so sick of looking at forecast maps, I almost can't be bothered but like a drug, I can't resist having a quick peak every morning around 6.30am - just in case.

Imagine missing out after weeks of watching and waiting...it doesn't bear thinking about.

Just about rideable on a SUP or longboard today:


Lovely day out there today and warm for a change but still only a foot and clean with a slightly better underlying wave period.

I'm off to Asturias on Thursday morning for 8 days and was hoping to get some decent surf time in before I attempt to take on the mighty 'Rodilles' rivermouth but it doesn't look like it will happen.

Apparently the locals are pretty full on there and you only get one chance to prove yourself if it's firing, so I'd better not slip up! ;)

The tube ride there is rated better than Mundaka whatever that means?! Hollower I guess, and it's ranked as the 2nd best left in Spain so it's bound to be flat!

I'm taking my camera and video so will try and do the place justice.

The surf forecast for Spain does actually look favourable though and I might just get my little boy on a board if the seas warm enough.

Now if that volcanic ash cloud would just feck off...

2 comments:

  1. I know well the area. If Rodiles is flat, you've got plenty of options nearby. let me know if you'd like info.

    NiegĂ 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchos gracias Niega - Shame I only just read your comment as some local info would've been great.

    yeah Rodilles was flat all week. Thurs was ok but we'd only just arrived and my wife didn't want me going surfing before we'd unpacked ;)

    I surfed playa de vega once but it wasn't great, 1-2ft max. A fresh swell hit further west when we left.

    I stopped near Verdicio for a look and you could see nice swell lines rolling in :(

    I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete