Friday 12 October 2012

Ouch

In typical fashion I returned from Ireland with a stomach bug which led to a proper stinker of a cold which I followed up with a bad back from carrying fin across the playground monkey bars a few too many times and crouching as I went, to stop his head banging the metal! 

All this, just in time for some proper swell too... a week of small, clean offshore's which I've missed as I've been skulking around the house barely able to put my shoes and socks on, let alone think about surf.

Tuesday seems to have been the best day of the week with Sker delivering solid 3-4ft 'proper waves' as one of the boys put it and 'Probably the best it's been in 6 months' according to Harv!

On the plus side it looks like my BBC walking book is going to go ahead so I'll be a busy boy over the next few months juggling that and a new baby girl in December! It should be out in summer 2013...and will help fund my trip.

Yesterday we finally put down some $ for our Maldives boat trip so the dream is now a reality. Boat deposit paid and flights booked so there's no going back now! Here's our boat - the Hariyana.

Plenty of things going on here. We've got a night surfing comp and surf festival happening on 20 Oct in Porthcawl followed up by the legendary Surfer's Ball the following week so it's going to be a busy fortnight!

I was up in my loft yesterday and discovered a hidden costume gem which I will unleash at the fancy dress ball so it should be good fun! ;0

And finally I've ordered my first custom winter steamer in about 20yrs! from local legend and wetsuit manufacturer Greg Owen @ No Limit Wetsuits here in Porthcawl.

So, look out for my 'tigerman wetsuit' coming to a beach near you in December!

Looks like plenty of surf on the horizon with a couple of big days next week and waves all weekend. I just need my back to make a swift recovery now.

No comments:

Post a Comment