Friday 16 October 2009

Autumn treat

The clocks go back on 25 Oct but don't despair it's not winter yet!

This week we've had a small clean swell and a decent wave period for much of it. Things improve from around Sunday onwards but it's the next little low that is getting exciting:



To summarise - next week is set to pump!
And the winds should be fairly kind too with a good stiff measure of offshore thrown in.

The water is still warm, around 16 degs c but anything with a N or E in the wind and it can feel decidedly chilly now especially once the sun starts to get low in the sky.

I've come out shivering a little the last few surfs I've had.

As a result I invested in some warmth - last year's 5/3/ O'Neill Epic for £100 from Boardriders

I figured you can't go wrong for that price and it's a good fit so my gamble paid off. I just need to christen it now...

Off to get my ears moulded tomorrow for some surfplugs - £65 a pop but worth it as you can't really replace your hearing.

Check out the recent dolphin footie footage on my nature site.

That's it for now

Gull

No comments:

Post a Comment