Friday 10 September 2010

New surfing beach guides

I've recently launched a new surfing section in my BBC Wales Nature & Outdoors website.

I've named a few breaks that weren't featured in the previous batch of guides I wrote about 6 or 7 years ago but felt that with all the information about them being readily available on the web - wannasurf etc - it wouldn't do any harm

And let's face it - if a spot has 50+ guys surfing it on a good day then it's no longer classified as an x spot, is it?!

The old guides are pretty poor cousins in comparison but plenty of people still read as they do well on Google SEO, so I hope these offer an improved service.

The BBC Wales Surfing website will be coming down at some point - the end of an era but I'll try and re-purpose some of the best bits.

It was great fun to do and I appreciate everyone who participated via the Off The Lip message board, sent in photos, profiles, travel stories & features - it really was a website by surfers for surfers and we had some great nights out too!

Feedback and comments on the new stuff appreciated as ever.

2 comments:

  1. Are there plans for a forum on there? Bring back the OTL! Surftalk is way to complicated.

    ReplyDelete