Thursday 12 March 2009

Photos from weds dawnie


Now I know what you're thinking...the water's brown! but this is S.Wales surfing on the fringes of the Bristol channel and we have silt in the channel. 45 mins north and there are blue seas. It's a funny old world.

Find out about Porthcawl

The water isn't polluted though - Bass wallow in their droves once the summer comes. I once duckdived a wave here, it has a heavy wedge on the far left on bigger days.

The wave landed on me like a small car and when I surfaced, slightly dazed, I found I was almost hugging a large fish who'd obviously had the same treatment and was disorientated.

I instinctively shoved it away from me in a panic but will try and hang onto the next one (if it ever happens again) as I can never catch the damn things with a fishing rod!

The browned seas also make for a nice contrast with tinted boards.
It certainly doesn't effect wave quality though :)







My good pal Doc, styling on his longboard - check out that lovely hollow lip behind him. It looks as if he's stroking it to make it purrrr...



Photos by Bic who sat in the rain for a good 2 hrs despite his lens fogging over after 15 mins. Poor guy will end up with piles if he's not careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment