Monday 1 November 2010

Into autumn with a bang



Plenty of groundswell at the moment. The WCSC Surfers Ball went off on Sat night with the 'Screamin' Halloween' event and judging from the photos - a good time was had by all! The costumes get better every year. LOL

One benefit of not being able to go was a clear head on Sunday morning so I hit my usual and had nice 2-3ft clean surf with a moderate E wind.

Good fun as a large OTL contingent(old surfing message board I used to run) turned up so although a little crowded, there were plenty of party waves, drop ins and good vibes.

In attendance were: john rainbow, harv, grant, geth, ceri, wilks, blods, rick, aran and chris.

The winds were making for slow rides but if you caught a set wave and took off in the curl then it was good fun.

Harv and I shared a nice long right together and I managed to go straight over him as he duck-dived in front me as I took my last wave in - a nice long left.

This morning's perfection. Pic by Catherine Tanner:




It's pumping out there today with a solid groundswell and wave period and light winds - the calm before the storm.

9am: 1.3m, 10 seconds and a light N wind which is veering sw today.

Already getting reports of Gower reefs being 6ft and glassy but crowded. Read Doc's report from this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment