Tuesday 30 November 2010

It's snow bother

Not much to report on the surfing front as we've had a 10 day flat spell now. The only mild excitement has come in the form of snow, a few inches here and there which caused widespread panic for no apparent reason.

It doesn't seem to snow very often in Porthcawl but there was a light shower as I left for work today which confused the hell out of my son, who wasn't quite sure what he was seeing - white rain?

The winds are bitterly cold with more of the same for next week. Temperatures should get a little milder for the weekend according to Derek Brockway in his latest blog over on my BBC Wales Nature & Outdoors website.

The surf forecast is poor. If I didn't know better, I'd swear someone had gone out and bought a new surfboard? thus inducing Huey's wrath and subsequent flat spell...Rattz!

I'm planning on doing the Coney Xmas swim this year. I thought it would be on Boxing Day but have been reliably informed that it's not so Xmas dinner might be delayed if I go into shock - not from the water temp but from going to Coney for a swim!

I've just purchased a suitable outfit on flea bay so if anyone fancies joining me this year - get in touch in the comments area below.

So there's no surf but at least it's cold and dry with the odd bit of snow making it feel very seasonal.

Gull

No comments:

Post a Comment