Thursday 24 February 2011

Severn Bore

We've had some huge tides recently and Sunday and Monday were no exception at 10 metres odd.

This meant that the Severn Bore would awaken from it's winter slumber, ready to be ruined by kayakers once again;)

Loads of footage already up (check You Tube)and some saying it's the best and biggest they've seen it at certain spots.

Apart from the commentary, this clip is pretty cool as it shows a surfer at 'pylons' calmly stepping off the bank into the incoming bore wave at the very last minute and surfing it up river.



The surf has been pretty good and fairly clean most days this week but gradually getting smaller. It should build for the weekend though.

10 days since I hurt my back and still no sign of me getting back into the water. The doctor reckoned I could be out for up to a month but I'm aiming for 3 weeks...

In the meantime I'll keep on snapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment