Monday 7 February 2011

Storm in a tea cup

We've been battered by storms in Wales this week - so much so that my TV aerial has been blown off twice!

First the bracket snapped clean off and it was only put on last year. Then on Sat night, the main arm severed leaving me with a shortened but working aerial so it's very streamlined now and minimal now - that's minimal not MINI MAL ;)

That's what you get for living so close to the sea I guess...

The surf has been pretty bollox unless you live near a sheltered spot in which case you've prob been mobbed by surfers from all over the place!

A few have answered the call and braved Coney close-outs but I've not been inspired yet.

Lighter winds are on the way though and plenty of swell so I've decided to bide my time and took Thursday off in advance, so hope I'm right about that one...

This photo came into me at work recently. At first glance a nice shot of a storm battered lighthouse but through surfers eyes we spy something altogether more interesting.

A new app for iphone perhaps? One that transforms normal stills and film footage into surfer vision - blurring out the main, mundane detail to reveal surf potential in every frame.



Look at that clean, right hander breaking inside the sheltered cove - highly makeable too by the looks of it and it must a solid 10-15 foot as I know that the plinth alone of that lighthouse is 13ft high.

Let's power up the jet-skis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment