Thursday 10 June 2010

After eights

I tempted fate yesterday and went in again. Don't ask me why?!

Arriving at Rest Bay I found the tide well in and hoards of surfers surfing in a small zone opposite the slipway.

I decided to find a bit of solitude and surf elsewhere and come back once the tide had dropped back to catch the same banks I'd surfed on in the morning.

With a dying swell, I managed to find a fun, bowly 2ft wedge breaking over shallow rocks - I was scraping my hand on reef whilst paddling back out!

But the sun was out, the sea was warm and I had a nice little wave all to myself :)

Other than a rip running like a river being emptied into a bucket it was good fun and I even managed a few top turns on each wave.

Curiosity got the better of me around 7.30pm though and I decided to paddle back and see what rest had on offer - mistake!

I was expecting the rip to lend a helping hand but it stopped working so I had to get there under my own steam which was pretty hot and tiring work.

Arriving back with the pack, I found a disappointingly small, weak wave around 1-2ft flopping onto the sand so I called it a day.

I raised my stoke by calling into 'Beales' for a round of fish & chips on the way home - they've raised their prices for the summer chav fest! (doh) but it tasted nice all the same.

Looks like that's it now until around the middle of next week. There might be some small stuff over the weekend for the longboards though.

1 comment:

  1. Buying fish n chips from Beales, are you insane?!

    Finnegans is a far superior - runner up in the national chip shop awards. Sort it out Mart.

    ReplyDelete